Join The Mereen-Johnson Team!
MACHINE DESIGN / MECHANICAL ENGINEER FOR OUR DIEHL MACHINES DIVISION, Wabash, Indiana
- Study plans for upcoming generation of machine design, and develop strategies for improving upon current models
- Design products using CAD, and consult with engineering and manufacturing teammates to ensure that designs are feasible, and safe per industry standards
- Ability to design a complete package, machine, and accessories
- Develop and build prototypes and run tests to measure their level of function
- Record and evaluate testing data, altering designs as necessary to bring them to safety, performance, and efficiency standards
- Consult with fabrication teams during product manufacturing, advising them on design specifications and providing physical assistance when required
- Research competitor products quarterly and collaborate with product development team to generate ideas for making our products the best ones on the market
- Calculate cost estimates for final product designs, and release reports to supervisors, incorporating costs of labor, material, delivery, and overhead
- Attend weekly team meetings to provide progress reports, obtain updates on colleagues’ progress, strategize on steps for following week and acquire information about projected emerging product lines
- Record keeping, ECR/ECN process, being able to track machine build progress
- Ability to work on your own.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-accredited program or similar degree with applicable experience
- Three to Five years’ experience as a machine design/mechanical engineer
- Investigative mind inclined toward developing practical solutions to real-world problems. Not afraid to ask questions and learn
- White page product development
- Proficiency with CAD, SolidWorks and Microsoft Office
- Occasional travel
- Able to create bills of material (BOM) within an ERP/MRP system
- Machine manual creation
- Ability to size bearings, electrical components such as motors, contactors, overloads
- Education and experience in machine design, particularly capital equipment 50-250k range
- Proficiency with hand tools, power tools and fabrication equipment
- Prior work with 240/480-volt systems, PLC familiarity, ability to diagnose electrical issues would be a plus
- Experience with woodworking equipment would be a plus.
COMPENSATION BASED ON EXPERIENCE — Send resumes to email@example.com.
Reach Out To Our Team
Phone: 612-529-7791 or (1-888-4MJSAWS)